Pause Transfers on Startup

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
MattakiStar

Pause Transfers on Startup

Post by MattakiStar »

Hi there,
Is it possible to have an option to pause transfers upon app startup? Essentially, I am finding that when my system boots, there is a brief time period where Transmission is active before my VPN client has opened and connected. This period is potentially enough time for my ISP to be flagged. I prefer to manually start the transfers in case the VPN fails to connect or launch properly, but a countdown to starting transfers would also be a nice touch for those that trust the system. Thanks and bravo on such a great app!
eugenkss

Re: Pause Transfers on Startup

Post by eugenkss »

Do you use the daemon?
You can start it with "--paused".
ksec

Re: Pause Transfers on Startup

Post by ksec »

MattakiStar wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:28 pm Hi there,
Is it possible to have an option to pause transfers upon app startup? Essentially, I am finding that when my system boots, there is a brief time period where Transmission is active before my VPN client has opened and connected. This period is potentially enough time for my ISP to be flagged. I prefer to manually start the transfers in case the VPN fails to connect or launch properly, but a countdown to starting transfers would also be a nice touch for those that trust the system. Thanks and bravo on such a great app!
That is actually a great idea. I would like this option too.