Super-seeding

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
DaniB

Super-seeding

Post by DaniB »

What's Transmission dev teams stance on Super-seeding? Is it a intresting technique or just vapor?

My opinion is that, if it works and is implemented, it should be on by default when someone's creating a torrent. That's when it's most important to get the file out to as many as possible as quickly as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-seeding 8-)
bollywood

Post by bollywood »

I agree,

Id like to see this in 1.0 if it is at all possible...
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

I s currently in development, and probably wil be in 1.0 (no guarantees).
As currently super-seeding is automatically initiated if the conditions are right, but there will likely be a global preference to turn it off completely.
DaniB

Post by DaniB »

I s currently in development, and probably wil be in 1.0 (no guarantees).
As currently super-seeding is automatically initiated if the conditions are right, but there will likely be a global preference to turn it off completely.
Sounds brilliant :)
squarebubbles

Re: Super-seeding

Post by squarebubbles »

It's been two years and some months since the last post here (we've also gone from pre-1.0 to 1.83, is there any talk of super seeding anymore?

My apologies if there has been and I haven't seen it, this thread was one of the top hits on Google.
transm_user

Post by transm_user »

If someone hasn't yet noticed, there is a support request for this feature: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1691
tudo75

Post by tudo75 »

Transmission is near to the third major release and it's the only one between the major used clients to not support super seed.
In ten years from the beginning ot the discussion none is done, and it's a big problem for people who don't have much upload bandwidth to become a releaser and also to stop to leech.
With super seed people with many torrents and low upload bandwidth can help to mantain torrents live sending only specific pieces (rare ones).
I know there are a lot of things to do but I think it's now the time to give to this the right priority.

Thanks for all