Req: unlimited bandwidth when not downloading

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
untappedpilot2

Req: unlimited bandwidth when not downloading

Post by untappedpilot2 »

1) I'm not sure if this has been requested yet but I want to get it out there just in case. I limit my upload speeds so I don't limit my download speeds. However when all my torrents have been downloaded and I'm only seeding, the upload speed is irrelevant. My request is to have bandwidth be unlimited when not downloading. In other words, unlimited upload speed when there are no files to download and seeding is taking place.

2) My second request is to expand upon the limiting of bandwidth during set hours. I would like to have my bandwidth limited during certain hours one way during the weekdays and limited during separate hours over the weekend. Most people work in the mornings during the week hence there is no need to limit the bandwidth at that time. However this is another story over the weekend. I would like to see the ability to limit bandwidth specifically for any day of the week. Different people have different schedules, one persons work day is another's day off.

Both of these expand upon existing features and aren't too complicated; I hope they are good enough ideas to be considered for IMHO the best torrent client. Thank you for your time.

=Derek
UserUser

Re: Bandwidth

Post by UserUser »

I would like to second (or whatever) these two suggestions.

It's an excellent little app but if it had some more of the feature set available in utorrent it would be sooo much better.

Best wishes . . .
Akral

Post by Akral »

untappedpilot2 wrote:1) I'm not sure if this has been requested yet but I want to get it out there just in case. I limit my upload speeds so I don't limit my download speeds. However when all my torrents have been downloaded and I'm only seeding, the upload speed is irrelevant. My request is to have bandwidth be unlimited when not downloading. In other words, unlimited upload speed when there are no files to download and seeding is taking place.
If this is implemented it must be an option, not an automatic feature.
drgeo

Post by drgeo »

As a recent defector from Vuse/Azureus, there is one plug-in feature I miss. It was called "statistics" and revealed a continuous interactive graph showing bandwidth. It displayed the "average' download speed compared to your own, and showed the average speed of the swarm. It was helpful because instead of spending hours fussing to tweak my pokey download speed, I was able to see I was at least average. A similar option for bandwidth display would be great!
NitricJerkSud

Re: Req: unlimited bandwidth when not downloading

Post by NitricJerkSud »

Part 1 of this seems remarkably similar to my post for Speed Limit by TOTAL speed. If it weren't already obvious, I'm in favour of this feature. (And the statistics are 'nice to have' but of a much lower priority in my books.