[Answered] Optional opacity when not in focus

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Haravikk

[Answered] Optional opacity when not in focus

Post by Haravikk »

I don't know how widely supportable this is for Linux, but I suspect it should be possible. Basically what I'm hoping for is a small visual feature, whereby, any currently open transmission windows will become transparent when Transmission is not the top or in-focus application. When it is in-focus all windows would be fully opaque as normal. The option to choose just how transparent the window(s) become when not in-focus would be great.

The reason I would like this is that I have my transmission window open on a second monitor which displays a series of different desktop pictures, and it'd be nice to be able to see them better through Transmission's window(s) without having to hide them completely. It also helps to keep programs from appearing as "striking" as they can be a little distracting, especially with all the moving/changing parts that Transmission's interface has due to the nature of it's downloading process.
frandavid100

Re: Optional opacity when not in focus

Post by frandavid100 »

I think that should be done through your window manager, and Compiz can do it indeed.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Optional opacity when not in focus

Post by Jordan »

This is feature is very unlikely to be implemented: it's not the application's choice to make. The Window Manager decides how the different focused & unfocused windows should be drawn.