Tracker-Specific features requests

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
metaclam

Tracker-Specific features requests

Post by metaclam »

Hi.... One of the realities of the torrent world is that we need to maintain good ratios on the trackers we use. Therefore trackers are really important in a lot of ways. Here are a few related feature requests:

1. show the tracker domain in the summary info for the torrent without needing to use the inspector.

2. auto-assign tracker domains to groups (basically that's what I already use groups for, but have to do it manually)

3. bandwidth priority for either tracker domains or groups (this is my main feature wish for azureus which i gave up on!)

4. related to above, list order for groups could also be the order for priority

5. related to above, some groups could get 0 (or specifiable limited) bandwidth when higher priority group has active seeds (some trackers will always be active but other trackers rarely get downloaders and when they do they should get all bandwidth)

6. option to move completed data files to specific folder by group / tracker domain.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Tracker-Specific features requests

Post by livings124 »

1 is interface bloat.

2 will be possible in 1.60 (for Mac, at least).

3 and/or 4 might happen sooner or later.

5 probably won't happen.

6 will be possible in 1.60 (for Mac, at least).

You can try out 1.60 nightlies at http://transmission.xpjets.com/
metaclam

Post by metaclam »

Thanks for the quick reply... Encouraged some of this already in consideration. A couple of comments:
livings124 wrote:1 is interface bloat.

2 will be possible in 1.60 (for Mac, at least).

3 and/or 4 might happen sooner or later.

5 probably won't happen.

6 will be possible in 1.60 (for Mac, at least).

You can try out 1.60 nightlies at http://transmission.xpjets.com/
1. that's a matter of opinion. i think "Downlaoding from x of y peers" is interface bloat -- i don't care. the tracker domain is more important to me to see. Plus it there is plenty of horizontal space on the two info lines. could just as well read:
410.3 MB, uploaded 320.5 MB (Ratio 0.75) [tracker.tracker.example.com]

2,3,6: great! thanks.

5. too bad, because if 3 is possible, then 5 could just be an option for each group / tracker domain: Max bandwidth when higher priority group is seeding: x kbps.

As for nightly builds I certain will try it, thanks. However one caveat. One site I use, tracker.example.com, specifically bans "unstable" builds of transmission. obviously their issue I will take it up with them. thanks.
Zork

Post by Zork »

Hi... First message here!

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a ratio and UL&DL amounts for each tracker/group ?

Is that doable?

Thanks for you answer!
Adam291

Post by Adam291 »

I'd also just like to throw my hat into the ring for the idea of tracker-specific download locations. (I was actually about to post a new thread about this. Good thing I looked around first)

I was thinking that when I download a torrent from Tracker A, it would automatically download into folder A. Tracker B torrents would download to folder B.

Thanks.