Seeding Priorities

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
sanjid

Seeding Priorities

Post by sanjid »

I am on several private trackers, but one of them is ridiculously hard to seed on, so it would be nice if I could set priorities for seeding. For example, tier one seeding would always get all (or a specified percent) of the upload bandwidth available, and then tier two would get what's next, and so on.

That would be great, especially on difficult to seed trackers with low upload bandwidth.
essiw

Re: Seeding Priorities

Post by essiw »

sanjid wrote:I am on several private trackers, but one of them is ridiculously hard to seed on, so it would be nice if I could set priorities for seeding. For example, tier one seeding would always get all (or a specified percent) of the upload bandwidth available, and then tier two would get what's next, and so on.

That would be great, especially on difficult to seed trackers with low upload bandwidth.
right now it is already there but not in % and not flawless you can select how many KB/s you want to upload per torrent (inspectors window)
sanjid

Post by sanjid »

But that only works if everything is seeding at full speed. If the tier one isn't seeding at all, tier 2 doesn't need to be throttled. I would like the level of throttling dependent on the other torrents.
graphiX

Post by graphiX »

Hi, me too I want this option... I found an priority option but it can't be activated and it's only for individual files. Could you make this option available also on folders? Anyway why I can't activate them? The options are there, but light coloured. Can be better if that priority upload option will be on the torrent itself. Thank you!
0control

Post by 0control »

I find that would be a very useful and helpful feature. +1
Iznakurnog

Post by Iznakurnog »

+1 introducing priorities and limits on per tracker basis would be great feature !
Benton

Post by Benton »

Some trackers are very hard to seed on, so yes, I would like an option like this. +1