better watch procedure

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
super-poussin

better watch procedure

Post by super-poussin »

In my opinion

transmission must look only for .torrent files ans as soon as it download a new file .torrent in the watchdir must be renamed to something else
DracheMitch

Re: better watch procedure

Post by DracheMitch »

In the Mac version when a Torrent is started you can choose to trash the .torrent file in the "Transfers" part of the preferences dialog. I'm assuming it's in the GTK+ version, too. It's not a good idea for applications to rename files without express user interaction. Transmission could implement an option that when transfers are started .torrent files are moved to a specific location, but really you could do this on Mac OS X and Linux with user scripts.
super-poussin

Re: better watch procedure

Post by super-poussin »

yes I already have script , but I think less script we have better it is :)

for example you activate watch_dir in transmission , a download start , when finished you decide to move the torrent file to another forlder , then transmission will start downloading again the torrent because you forget to manually remove the .torrent

My script rename the .torrent but transmission don't care and download everything even if the the extension is not .torrent