Fragile file handling in Transmision 1.51+ (8079) Mac

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
DracheMitch

Fragile file handling in Transmision 1.51+ (8079) Mac

Post by DracheMitch »

When a single file in a torrent is moved, Transmission balks at the entire transfer and reports a "File Not Found" error and ceases all transfers in that torrent. It would make more sense if Transmission either follows where that file was moved to or just stopped including that file, as if you unchecked it from "Files" in the Torrent Inspector.

Is this being worked on?
essiw

Re: Fragile file handling in Transmision 1.51+ (8079) Mac

Post by essiw »

just press verify data in the tranfers menu...
jh

Post by jh »

essiw wrote:just press verify data in the tranfers menu...
That would make transmission aware of what file(s) that are missing, but the problem is a error message that doesn't fit the problem fully.
Forcing a verify when files are missing isn't a good idea, and unchecking the download of that file is problematic too i think. It would be best, like now, to inform the user of a problem with the data.
A message saying "1 or more previously downloaded files are missing" might be slightly better. Better wording that my suggestion is needed though.
essiw

Post by essiw »

Well I did understand the message clearly. But you say that verify data is not good. how do you expect the program to keep record? what the program otherwise would do is to redownload the deleted files (which isn't what you want to) because he was seeding those files (or wants to but you don't let it)