Web UI and Network traffic

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
TCB13

Web UI and Network traffic

Post by TCB13 »

Hi everyone...

Well... transmission's web UI is that this that really make our like a litle bit easy... but it have a problem... well I see a problem :D

See I've transmission downloading and uploading files using all mu Internet connection bandwith when I'm not at home... but if I try to use web UI it just don't work or works... slowwwlly!! Because there is no bandwith to upload the page! lol...

My ideia is... when transmission know that are a connected client to the web UI it just reserve some bandwith like 10 KB/s to the http server of the web UI. When the client leaves the website it starts using that bandwith to the transffers again.

Is this a good ideia? :P :mrgreen:
Slax-Dude

Re: Web UI and Network traffic

Post by Slax-Dude »

I've noticed this as well.
When transmission-daemon (I only use this) is uploading stuff, it uses whatever upload limit I have in place (10kb/s in my case) and _thinks_ there is no more bandwidth left, so it does not respond to to the Webui.
Also, I've noticed that when it is uploading and it reaches whatever limit I have in place, the download rate goes down.

As even when downloading some packets must be "uploaded" (for requesting parts to download) and it looks like it can't because it _thinks_ the limit for uploading is reached.

Does the upload limits affect the "not torrent related" upload traffic like replies to WebUI and sending download requests to peers?

I could be wrong, but it looks like it does affect them and is making it work slower.
TCB13

Re: Web UI and Network traffic

Post by TCB13 »

Like I sad before... when transmission knows that there is a connected client to the web UI it should reserve 10 KB/s of bandwith to the web UI... or make the web UI traffic more important... and reduce the torrent upload speed... this will be a great feature. :mrgreen: