Manual Hash Check / File Check

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
PedroConejo

Manual Hash Check / File Check

Post by PedroConejo »

The ability to manually run hash checks on individual torrents is of great need when downloading large files or poorly-seeded files (those which stop and start and stop and start over long periods of time). The longer a torrent runs, it appears, the greater the chance of it becoming corrupted.

My preference would be to include such a command in the contextual menu, made available when control/right-clicking on selected torrents in the queue. Auto-check of the hashes upon completion would be of great benefit as well.

Currently, the only method I'm aware of to force a hash check is to Remove/delete the file from the queue then open the original torrent file again. Doing this will indeed check the torrent against the data file already in place, but the process also removes all seeding/ratio/etc. information on the torrent.

Thanks folks. Keep up the good work.
demons33derxx

Re: Manual Hash Check / File Check

Post by demons33derxx »

What vesion you using the last few versions should have "Verify Local Data" which is basically the "Hash Check" in the right-click context menu.

Just checked and everything after Transmission 1.10 should have "Verify Local Data" which is the equivalent to Force Re-check, or Hash Check
jureka

Re: Manual Hash Check / File Check

Post by jureka »

Hi,

it seems like this feature is lost again, for quite some time. I have only 60gb drive and I often have to remove torrents, then add them manually instead of just trashing some files and rechecking. Am I missing something?

Im running mac os x 10.9.4 and up-to-date transmission client.