Choose name AND location of torrent when started

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Cheule8472

Choose name AND location of torrent when started

Post by Cheule8472 »

Hi all,

I've recently converted to using Transmission and love it, however there is one thing missing from my old client, the ability to choose the name of the torrent and where to save it to.

Currently I have to have a 'New Arrivals' drawer, then when the files are complete I have to move them to their proper folder, then look up the episode name online and rename the file.

How it used to be, I'd click to download the torrent, rename the file and choose what folder it goes in before it even starts. Is this possible?
waste

Re: Choose name AND location of torrent when started

Post by waste »

I would appreciate to see such option too. Transmission works great in general. Still, currently you can set download location (i.e. to /home/torrent) but Transmission creates directory within this location using torrent name, which definitely doesn't suite my organization needs. It is not helping to have directories like /home/transmission/[Group]{resolution}Title title title-=={year}==- and you have no influence on the torrent name.
bianchiazz

Post by bianchiazz »

I would love to see this option implemented into the GUI.
This is my situation....

I seed ALL of my torrents. Some torrents are going to be seeded forever. I can not move these to their proper location.

I feel this is a MAJOR issue with this torrent client. I am sure others do also but have not voiced opinion.

Can somebody answer if this is being worked on at this time?

I have old spy movies from the 60s..... (all of them)
Anything related to Einstein.....
All types of torrents that I am the only seeder and when I'm done most likely wont be found again.....
All of this is just sitting in one organized messed up looking blob of files....

Is there a plugin available that will fix this issue?

Regards RJ
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

there is already an open ticket for this feature: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1220

but not much is happening with it in recent times.