Enhanced Control of "Speed Scheduling"/Categories

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
smajor

Enhanced Control of "Speed Scheduling"/Categories

Post by smajor »

I'm a recent convert from Vuze, I miss only two plug-ins. The Auto-category and Speed Scheduler plug-ins.

"Category" can be called groups here, although there isn't much you can currently do with them, which leads me to...

The Speed Scheduler plug-in for Vuze allows multiple settings for time of day (including "all day"), and speeds of torrents and their ultimate share ratio based on their category.

This was extremely handy, and it seems that Transmission is "this close" to it. You have a basic time of day speed schedule, but it's all or nothing - allow more "rules". You can set share ratio already for individual torrents, but it's a manual process, and you have groups which we can think of as categories.

Tie them all together and it becomes very powerful and allows you to do a lot of automation for those of us who leave their clients running unattended all the time. Much like email rules but for torrenting.

Thanks for the great app!
orysia

Re: Enhanced Control of "Speed Scheduling"/Categories

Post by orysia »

I support the idea!
I need badly this division to categories and tags like in Vuze or Tixati, for example.
I seed from different sources (removable disks, HDD) on different trackers. With a lot of torrents added it is easy to get lost...
Thanks in advance!