Mac OS 10.4.11

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
suztours

Mac OS 10.4.11

Post by suztours »

Just now, I'm stuck with MAC OS 10.4.11. Having trouble with VUZE, can't download uTorrent, so I thought I'd try Transmission, only to see that it's for 10.5.

Is there ANY Transmission version available for 10.4+???

Thanks for any help.

suzanne
John Clay
Transmission Project

Re: Mac OS 10.4.11

Post by John Clay »

suztours

Post by suztours »

Thank you sooooooo much! I'm now using Transmission and it's so much lighter than VUZE! And I can put the files where I want them and am playing them on VLC (open source)!

I do need some help on a couple of specific things with Transmission, but I'll start reading more and see what questions pop up.

suzanne
suztours

Post by suztours »

Okay - some "housekeeping" questions that I can't find on any help or preference screens... if there are help screens for these questions, please point me to them!

1) I like that I can choose where to save the downloaded files, BUT there's no way to tell there what's been downloaded and what's still in process.

2) In the Transmissions window, I can see the files downloading - great - I get that the blue is still in process and the green means it's finished. BUT - I don't want all those files to stay there, since they just fill up the window. So, how do I get them to delete automatically when finished?

3) Is there, then, a way to have one Transmissions window that shows files downloading and another one that shows files finished and from which I can run the files (play the video/audio/whatever)? I guess I'm asking if there's a way that Transmissions can have the same sort of process as I had with VUZE...

Thanks for any help on this.

Oh - remember that I'm on a MAC with OS 10.4.11 and using Transmisison 1.54.

suzanne