[Solved] Blocklist URL

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
raginspo

Re: Blocklist URL

Post by raginspo »

Yea, I downloaded 3 lists from there and put them in my blocklist folder under Transmissions application support. Running all 3, just cant auto update. I thought they may be overloaded too, but when my friend in Japan got it I just assumed its being blocked by my service provider.
jpp47

Post by jpp47 »

I used too the http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz but the problem is that the number of URL remains the same i.e 224'914 IP. And despite updates it remains there ? Can somebody explain me why ?
Thanks in advance
jpp47 :shock:
jpp47

Post by jpp47 »

Many thanks for your information. I'm now secured :D
evands

Post by evands »

I just submitted a patch (#3928) to fix the bug with downloading the blocklist from URLs like http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1.
transmit

Post by transmit »

x190 wrote:
jpp47 wrote:I used too the http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz but the problem is that the number of URL remains the same i.e 224'914 IP. And despite updates it remains there ? Can somebody explain me why ?
Thanks in advance
jpp47 :shock:

$ wc -l /Users//Desktop/level1
224914 /Users//Desktop/level1

You are up-to-date. :)
I'm a long-time Transmission user, but ever since they took out the auto-updating blocklist, I've been looking for a blocklist. The one in the first quote looks good, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to copy and paste those lines in Terminal.app or what. Any suggestions? Thanks!
MacDaddy

Post by MacDaddy »

please help

after manually adding a few different level blocklists within the transmission folder, im finding out i cant auto update anymore. so with that.. im now just wanting to go back to the original blocklist settings that the client came with so the auto update is working again. i tried deleting the client and reinstalling it, but im still not able to auto update. shouldnt the default settings been applied with the reinstalling of the application? your help would be appreciated
Debu

Post by Debu »

x190 wrote:
1. Can I block an individual IP address by using TextEdit to add a line at the end of the .txt file in the "comment:IP#" format?
Format should be Peer:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x, i.e. in the form of a range even for one IP.
Restart Transmission to parse and load this list. You should see the list name (name.bin) as an entry in T's Message Log.

EDIT: It would be best to create a separate .txt file for this as I'm not sure whether T requires a numerically sorted list. Name your list something like MyBlocklist.txt and keep it numerically sorted. It will show up in T's Message Log as MyBlocklist.bin on restart.

I would be interested to know if you find this effective---it definitely should be! :wink:
Finally got done with my seed cycle and gave it a try. Works like a charm!! :mrgreen:

Thanks again, x190!