v.2.22 oddness...anyone else notice this?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Debu

v.2.22 oddness...anyone else notice this?

Post by Debu »

I've been downloading a foreign TV series - mostly one at a time, occasionally 2 concurrently, each episode being a separate torrent 700-800MB in size.

The following happened to me twice:

An episode would finish and the next would start - all in accord with the active transfer settings in Transmission's preferences pane. The newly started transfer shows a decent number of seeders and leechers in the publicbt tracker. (Note: all of the episodes have many more peers available via DHT.) However, Transmission will not connect to any peer. After the "stalled" period set in T's preferences passes (20 minutes), the transfer is deemed "inactive" and the next transfer in the queue starts up and begins connecting to peers. After awhile, the "inactive" transfer suddenly starts up and within a minute or two is connected to a bunch of seeders and leechers (15-25+). When the peers suddenly connected, the leechers were in varying stages of completion - anywhere from 0%-90%+ complete. I'm positive that total connections were no where near the set maximum.

This behavior is odd to me in that NONE of the peers connect for such a long period, then so many peers suddenly connect. The second time I noticed this odd behavior, I checked the tracker numbers within a couple of minutes after the torrent started, and it showed something like 28 seeders and 9 leechers.

Has anyone else noticed this happen?
Debu

Re: Another v.2.22 oddness...anyone else notice this?

Post by Debu »

Transmission shows the number of "Known" peers at the very bottom of the Peers page in Torrent Inspector. Once the number goes up to 210, it will always revert to 210. For example, when I start seeding a torrent that already shows "210 known" and Transmission starts picking up additional peers via DHT, the number will go up above 210, but it will eventually - that is, in a matter of a few minutes - go back down to 210.

Is this normal or is my installation just whacked out?
Debu

Re: v.2.22 oddness...anyone else notice this?

Post by Debu »

Got it. Thanks!