[FIXED] View-->Availability problem in 2.30b3, 2.30b2

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Debu

[FIXED] View-->Availability problem in 2.30b3, 2.30b2

Post by Debu »

I'm running v.2.30b3 on OSX 10.5.8 on an Intel core 2 duo iMac.

I noticed that my 4 actively downloading torrents were only showing blue and red colors in T's main window. That was fine for two of them - as they were not downloading due to unavailability (i.e. partially complete with no seeds).

The other two, however were actively downloading, although the swarms did not collectively have the entire file; in each of these, there were a number of peers stuck at a certain percentage of completion. (I, obviously, had less than the "stuck" peers.) Nevertheless, the progress bars showed only blue and red - blue being the percentage of the file that I already had, and red being everything else. The "Activity" pane of Inspector worked fine - green blocks showed available pieces when the graph option was chosen.

Turning "Availability" in the "View" menu off then on had no effect.

I shut Trans down and launched 2.30b2. It looked the same - only blue and red even though peers showed having available pieces that I did not have. (i.e. peers had higher completion percentages than I.)

I shut down Trans 2.30b2 and launched 2.22 and everything looked fine; there were blue, white and red sections in the progress bar.

I relaunched Trans 2.30b3 and it went back to all blue and red - no white.

I shut down Trans and restarted my iMac and things got really weird. Now all 4 of the torrents showed all red and Trans started re-downloading the files from scratch - with blue showing up for newly downloaded pieces.

I stopped all of the 4 torrents and ran "Verify Local Data" on each of them in turn. Trans apparently was able to recover the "lost" data and now I'm back to where I started, with the progress bar only showing blue for what I have and red for everything else. (For example, I have 40% of one file and numerous peers appearing in Inspector's "Peer" pane have 81.7% of the file.)

Two questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. If not, should I go back to 2.22?
Debu

Re: View-->Availability problem in 2.30b3, 2.30b2.

Post by Debu »

Will do, x190! I'll report back here.

Thanks for the info!! I was in a seed-only cycle and kinda forgot about it for awhile.
Debu

Re: View-->Availability problem in 2.30b3, 2.30b2.

Post by Debu »

The problem seems to have been fixed in r12379.

Thanks again!