Blocklists and Standard Ports

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
kb519

Blocklists and Standard Ports

Post by kb519 »

Need help with a blocklist issue. I tried switching to Transmission's built-in blocklist functionality, but had to switch back to PeerGuardian because things got through that shouldn't have when I wasn't using Peer Guardian.

Under Peer Guardian, I was using the exact same blocklists that I used in Transmission. The only difference I could see was that Peer Guardian had the option to block standard ports (80, etc.), and apparently blocking standard ports kept out things that Transmission was letting through.

I recently had to move my Torrenting to a new computer, and Peer Guardian won't work anymore.

My question: is there any way to replicate the standard port blocking functionality of Peer Guardian on OS X? Maybe using ipfw?

Or was something other than blocking standard ports making Peer Guardian effective where Transmission's blocklsits failed?

Many thanks!
Exp

Re: Blocklists and Standard Ports

Post by Exp »

PG is working again for 10.6 and 10.7. Using it now on Lion and it is working with very few issues.

http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/thread-17063.html
maz168

Re: Blocklists and Standard Ports

Post by maz168 »

I am having no luck with peer guardian, so i'm a little reluctant on using transmission - any ideas? - ever since upgrading to leopard / lion :(
wish i could just revert to pre upgrade, would solve EVERYTHING!