Thank you!seaseasea wrote:enhancement request logged
Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
OK, thanks where is the source? And why not provide a built version? Even tucked into the package of the app?x190 wrote:You can build it yourself with Xcode."transmission-remote" command line function is not available on the Mac?
In the meantime, I found a great python script a user named alimony wrote which uses the built-in remote access. I've tested this editing 2 different tracker URLS across a couple hundred torrents and it worked flawlessly. Alimony wrote:
So my previous solution was (in my mind) not good enough. I've now come up with a script that talks directly to Transmission (Mac) and replaces the announce url for all trackers in all transfers, according to some user input. I've successfully used this script to update ~100 announce URL's in a few seconds.
I will add these notes:Instructions:
How it works: It turns out Transmission has a built-in RPC interface so that basically you can send commands to it via HTTP to do all sorts of things. This is how the web interface talks to the main application, for example. I digged into the documentation of the RPC and its methods, looking a bit at what requests are made by the web interface, and figured out how to fetch a list of all transfers/torrents, and how to replace one tracker with another.
- • Enable remote access in Transmission. It's in Preferences > Remote. Also check the "Only allow…" box and make sure "127.0.0.1" is in the list.
• Download the script transmission_announce_edit.py.
• Open a new Terminal window, type "python" in it and a space, then drag the downloaded script to the window to insert its path.
• Press enter and follow the instructions:
• For the first choice, just press enter.
• For the second choice, enter "old_domain.com"
• For the third choice, enter "new_domain.net"
• Make sure you disable remote access in Transmission again, for your own security.
- • as of now, you have to temporarily disable the "require authentication" setting in Transmission prefs if enabled. Don't forget to re-enable when you're done.
• the default URL in the "first choice" above is a local host URL which includes the port 9091. If your listening port is anything else, then you have to change that default.
hmm… ok, thanks. but why is it not included in the official builds then?x190 wrote:yup --- it's all included - daemon, client, cli, remote.That is not very helpful. We're talking about building this transmission-remote binary, not the Transmission application.
It sounds like this functionality is not available in Transmission Mac (I have 2.9.2), which is very unfortunate considering many regular (non-programmer) users of this fine product want this functionality. So, I'm supposed to go outside Transmission to change tracker URLS? Maybe use a different client? Bye bye Transmission. You worked well up to a point
try this:salemnian wrote:It sounds like this functionality is not available in Transmission Mac (I have 2.9.2), which is very unfortunate considering many regular (non-programmer) users of this fine product want this functionality. So, I'm supposed to go outside Transmission to change tracker URLS? Maybe use a different client? Bye bye Transmission. You worked well up to a point
It works very well. The only snag I recall is getting it to install with gatekeeper on sierra.
on the left side there is a list of trackers. pick the one you want. select all the torrents in it. right-click -> properties -> advanced tab. change.
https://gist.github.com/Adadov/e352c05c ... 23509a02da
gives a tracker-replace.sh ....
gives a tracker-replace.sh ....