Transmission cannot connect to tracker

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
slam

Re: Transmission cannot connect to tracker

Post by slam »

The Transmission app doesn't use settings.json, does it? My installation doesn't even have that file.
REReader

Post by REReader »

I have the same problem--apparently Transmission is only announcing on ipv6 and the private torrent site I mostly use needs ipv4, either solely or both. Their fix, according to their Help pages, is to edit the settings.json file...but I although I managed to find what I think is the folder with the configuration files, there is no settings.json file in there.

And assuming someone can tell me either how to find that file, or make it appear, how does one edit that file--in TextEdit? (I really don't know what I'm doing with this stuff, I USE programs, not code them! But I'm game.)

I should say, I'm running Transmission 2.92 (14714) on an iMac running OS 10.11.6.
MajorCouillon

Post by MajorCouillon »

Hey There! FYI Iv:e got a Mac Pro / running el Cap 10.11.6.0 / Vuze 5.7.6 / Btguard Prx (Stays enabled) Just a few thoughts.With a common problem l"ike this I don"t really think it matters much as long as the DL is a success in the end. Randomizing ports : Basically dumb luck / hit or miss, as some ports are off limits (already "bought out" by some gov. / corporation ) others are busy as heck , or, with any luck, empty .think of them as highways, I guess, where sometimes your bound to hit rush hour traffic. So I'm not convinced it really is a sure fire fix. Also, I saw that someone here was out of destination space and tried to move it halfway thru downloading . Bad idea. Never works. You need to go back and make room, or change the destination, but either way its best to scrap it and start over (if you make room in the old location and DL the same Tor. , you should almost immediately retrieve the % back that you had before and the Dl will continue from there. Also , stopping your DL before restarting seemed like an interesting idea, so I tried it, and honestly , I didn't see any plus side to it. I did find that going to "force quit" , quitting all unnecessary (or forgotten running apps to clear up RAM) and then "relaunch" on "Finder" helped. Hope some this helps someone..
PS. Maybe there:s a post on this already, but has anyone else noticed that if you "open" (click on multiple files arrow of Tor) while downloading, if DL speed starts to dip, that the DL speed will actually Increase !? This makes Absolutely NO sense to me! But next time your DL starts to deplete, give it a whirl! Someone once told me that Computing is "10% magic" and if I didn't accept this, I'd go nuts. Anywho, if you know WHY that works, Please tell me, ok? If it fails to work for you , well, I may have had a little too much LDS back in college;)