2.60 Can't make New torrent

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
ClubMember

2.60 Can't make New torrent

Post by ClubMember »

in prev version i hasn't this problem& Now i cannt do it. Transmission shutdown and restart. OSX 10.7.4
#5212 cannt do it too(((
Bojeebees

Re: 2.60 Can't make New torrent

Post by Bojeebees »

I'm having the same problem, but I'll provide some details. Running OSX 10.7.4. I have installed version 2.60 + (13391). Adjusting the bandwidth limits made no difference. I removed all torrents tried again, still it crashes. Here is the error log from the Console.app: http://pastebin.com/fzVXumRb

Thanks!
Bojeebees

Post by Bojeebees »

Bojeebees

Post by Bojeebees »

In Console.app, look under LOG FILES > ~/Library/Logs/ > CrashReporter > for Transmission. If you find one, include it in your forum post.
In Console.app, select LOG DATABASE QUERIES > Console Messages, and search for Transmission. If you find a message that mentions an assertion failure, include it in your forum post.
There is nothing in either of these areas that refers to Transmission.
Bojeebees

Post by Bojeebees »

I followed your instructions and the same problem is occurring. It attempts to create a new torrent file for about 10 seconds, freezes and crashes. Would the Apple based crash report help you at all? (http://pastebin.com/88ejbizL)

Thanks for your help!
De Lemming

Post by De Lemming »

I've the same problem since I upgraded to 2.60 (I think my previous version was 2.52).

I have some extra info: the moment of the crash varies, and size does matter :) . What do I mean? I created a number of small torrents (189 MB, 156 MB and 114 MB), and I had no problems with those. When I tried to create a torrent of a 577 MB directory, Transmission crashed, but it worked on the second try. Now I tried it for a 1.15 GB dir, I think I tried about 20 times, and Transmission crashed each time. But I saw the moment of the crash varied: sometimes the progress bar was at 10%, sometimes 50%, and sometimes almost at the end.

My data was on a network share, but copying the 1.15 GB dir to my local disc didn't solve the problem. Maybe relevant: I was creating torrents for a private tracker.

The ticket in the previous post is not about the same problem: I was always generating just one torrent at the same time. (Or maybe it is the same issue, but the bug report is too specific.)

Transmission 2.60 (13375)
OS X 10.7.4 (fully updated)