NAS Drive + Transmission - "Error: No Data Found"

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
nconcklin

NAS Drive + Transmission - "Error: No Data Found"

Post by nconcklin »

I didn't find any effective solution this in the other threads on this forum so here it goes:

I'm running the latest version of transmission on an old macbook running OSX 10.6.8. This computer is dedicated to only running transmission and so it almost never ever gets a reboot. No need really, it just sits there. All the data connected to the torrents in transmission exist on my Buffalo TeraStation NAS drive.

In the past, with USB or Firewire exHDDs, I would disconnect the drive and all my transfers would gray out with the warning "Error: No Data Found! Ensure your drives are reconnected... etc etc etc" I used to be able to fix this then plugging the exHDD back in, waiting for it mount and then simply clicking "resume all transfers." This doesnt seem to work with my NAS Drive. I am forced to go to "Move Data File" and finding the individual folder for that file on the NAS drive and with nearly a 1000 torrents that is, well, really really really not what I want to do. This has happened three times now, but the first time times I had only a fraction of this number of torrents running so it wasn't THAT bad re-adding all of them manually.

I assumed the last 2 times this happened was because I did not mount the network drive before restarting Transmission. This time, to do a system update, I paused every torrent, closed Transmission, installed updates, rebooted, re-mounted the network drive, started transmission... and despite pausing them, they now ALL have "Error: no data find! Ensure your drives are connected... etc,etc,etc"

A friend suggested I do this:

1) Select all torrents for a given tracker (presuming you keep all your data for a given tracker in one spot).
2) Right click -> Move Data File To...
3) Navigate to the directory where you store your what data.
4) Press Select
5) Resume the torrents.

Problem is, as I mentioned, all my data is not in one spot. There in their own individual folders

The volume address appears to be the same in my operating system. I can do the "move data file to" for each one individually and it works fine.

BUT there has GOT to be a way to get all these torrents resumed in bulk, right??? And how do I prevent this from ever happening again???