I'm trying to bridge two torrents...

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
NoMoreNicksLeft

I'm trying to bridge two torrents...

Post by NoMoreNicksLeft »

The first has been stuck on 99.9% for years, if I believe the comments on the website. It consists of 50 or so files, only one of which is incomplete.

I found another torrent of only that file, and I have completed it at 100%, and confirmed the integrity of the file with VLC (no errors).

I have the first torrent on pause. I remove it's .part file, substitute in the complete file, and try to verify local data from the menu. It rejects this and knocks me back to 98.5%.

The same if I set the 100% file's name to .part and verify.

If I compare the .part file and the complete file in a hex editor... these are identical. The only difference between them is about 5 megs worth of zeroes in the .part file. But where ever there is a non-00 byte, they have identical values. Both the first by, the last, and many in between. It seems highly unlikely this would be the case if the two versions of the file were in fact slightly different.

I had hoped to include the complete one in, and give the 70 or 80 people all waiting for that last 0.1% a nice surprise. But I can't figure out what's wrong.

The files have the same name, character for character. They have the same exact size, down to the byte. They have the same exact data as near as I can tell. What's missing? Is there any way to make this work, and repair the swarm so that there are people who can again seed it 100%?