move my transmission directory from HD to External Drive

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
seaseasea

move my transmission directory from HD to External Drive

Post by seaseasea »

hello

maverick 10.9.2/ transmission for mac 2.82 (14160) / macbook pro
I currently have Transmission Client on my macbook (250mb HD). I have an 2TB Time Capscule which I use as an external drive. It is mounted to my macbook on startup as it is on the same WIFI. I have DSL connection and WIFI local speed is typically good.

I am coming up to my first year of torrents, and I now have over 2500 (all beautifully color coded to help me) and about 52gb size of all the directories that store the physical files (books). I am about to start uploading my scanned books so the size will increase alot faster as ebooks are tiny compared to scanned ocr books.

I save my physical files in a directory structure. Although Ive upped it, its like my library repository.

I am thinking I should of stored all the Physical Files (books) on my external drive rather than my harddrive and then pointed the torrent file to the external drive.

Is this correct or flawed thinking?
(I am not technologically informed, so I need some lovely person to help me out with the best strategy going forward.)

----
Is it possible in Transmission MAC to move my entire directory structure from A location to B location where all directory remains the same but I am changing the root directory
where
A = currently on macbook pro HD -- Desktop/Trans/[then men of folders within folders etc..)
B = External 2TB Apple Time Capscule (called DATA)

----
It currently takes about 45min for my transmission torrent client to open. I thought this is because sheer volume of connections. 2500 torrents can give up to 7500 connections in my LS network filter. (LS - Little Snitch). Is 45min reasonable given this scenario?

-----
Thankyou for your time in reading my post and helping me.
Much Appreciated.