Always asks to accept incoming connections on launch

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
RhPositive

Re: Always asks to accept incoming connections on launch

Post by RhPositive »

Pretty sure it's a Mac prob - not a Transmission issue. I ran into this with another app (Miro) a few years ago, and tried some of the fixes listed, except manually deleting the 4 prefs files listed above. After more than a year, and 1 or 2 updates, it went away, but it took 'forever.'
interconnect

Post by interconnect »

It's fixed if you redownload and install Transmission.
matzki

Post by matzki »

I am still experiencing this problem. I've followed the advice posted here in the forum and elsewhere. It looks to me as the problem is with Transmission and not an issue with the OS. I've looked at TRAC but there it states that 2.84 fixes the problem, in my case it doesn't. I recently did a clean install of the OS, that too did not fix the issue.

If I check the codesigning of 2.84 in terminal by running the following
codesign -v /Applications/Transmission.app
Terminal tells me
a sealed resource is missing or invalid
I've also tried using the latest nightly #6203, terminal tells me:
code object is not signed at all
Hoping a fix will come along soon, this is been plaguing Transmission for over a year now.
xgregious

Post by xgregious »

So glad I finally broke down and looked for a solution to this problem. I used Appzapper to remove 2.8.4 completely, and dropped in a fresh d/l, and that message is gone forever. Whew!

Thanks, all!!!
pkillpeers

Post by pkillpeers »

Hey guys, tried all the methods in this post. none worked.
Everytime i launch transmission, theres the firewall popup asking me to allow it.
im trying the latest nightly build, same issue :s
lowercaseman

Post by lowercaseman »

• Create your own code signing cert:
    • 1. In Keychain Access, Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Create a certificate. This launches the Certificate Assistant:
      2. Name: Enter some arbitrary string here that you can remember. Avoid spaces otherwise you'll need to escape the cert's name when using codesign from the command line. Simply using "transmission" (no quotes) is fine.
      3. Identity type: Self Signed Root
      4. Certificate Type: Code Signing
      5. Check the box "Let me override defaults", this is quite important
      6. Serial number: 1 (OK as long as the cert name/serial no. combination is unique)
      7. Validity Period: 3650 (gives you 10 years)
      8. Email, Name, etc. fill out as you wish.
      9. Key pair info: set to RSA, 2048 bits. Does not really matter..
      10. From "Key usage extension" up to "Subject Alternate Name Extension": accept the defaults, not checking anything off or changing anything you go through the settings panels
      11. Location: login keychain.
      12. Once it is created, set to "Always trust" in the Login keychain by selecting your new cert and get info. The next panel with give you the options to "Trust"
      13. Re-signing an app in Terminal: codesign -f --deep -s <certname> /path/to/app
      14. Verify that it worked in Terminal: codesign -dvvvv /path/to/app
    Transmission will ask you to allow once again upon launch. After that it will not. This works on releases and nightly builds.
    Enjoy!
Credit for this goes to: http://bit.ly/2j8qYbn at Stack Exchange apple.stackexchange.com (safe link)