Always asks to accept incoming connections on launch

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
interconnect

Always asks to accept incoming connections on launch

Post by interconnect »

After updating to 2.83, Transmission now always asks to "Accept Incoming Network Connections" on launch, despite already being in the firewall and set to Allowed. This happens every time on launch on Mac OS X 10.9.3. I tried removing the entry in the Firewall and let Transmission re-add it; did not work, it still asks every single time on launch.
curtistuckr

Re: Always asks to accept incoming connections on launch

Post by curtistuckr »

Chiming in...to let you know it's not an isolated event.
interconnect

Post by interconnect »

curtistuckr wrote:Chiming in...to let you know it's not an isolated event.
Ok, thanks. I filed a bug report.
bighairycellar

Post by bighairycellar »

Same problem with 2.83 here. Also, I think some torrents have trouble connecting to trackers since the 2.83 update. Never had any trouble with any previous version of Transmission before.
Gaelicas

Post by Gaelicas »

Same problem here. I tried to download the previous version, but I can't find it anywhere.
Gaelicas

Post by Gaelicas »

Here are the previous versions in case anyone wants to go back an avoid this annoyance: http://download-origin.transmissionbt.com/files/
budbundy

Post by budbundy »

Gaelicas wrote:Here are the previous versions in case anyone wants to go back an avoid this annoyance: http://download-origin.transmissionbt.com/files/

I have this same problem too, but now that I downgraded, it has no network activity at all. It will add magnetic links but nothing gets transmitted. Help!
budbundy

Post by budbundy »

x190 wrote:Check your firewall settings (System Preferences plus any third-party firewall apps) to ensure Transmission is allowed.

If required:

#1 Move the following folders/files to your Desktop for later disposal.

~/Library/Application Support/Transmission (.torrents can be found here and can be re-added to Transmission. Use "Move Data File To..." (enclosing folder) and "Verify Local Data" as necessary.)
~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.transmission.LSSharedFileList.plist
~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.transmission.plist (re-do Preferences after installation)
~/Library/Caches/org.m0k.transmission

"~" = your home folder.
http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/access-u ... os-x-lion/

#2 Trash the .app.

#3 D/l a fresh copy and re-install application.

http://www.transmissionbt.com/download/
Thanks this fixed no transfer activity but I still get prompted each time it opens to add to the firewall. This is a osx firewall prompt and it is already in the list to accept connections. Each time I have to click allow then enter my admin credentials.
budbundy

Post by budbundy »

And now it's back to not transmitting again.
budbundy

Post by budbundy »

x190 wrote:
budbundy wrote:And now it's back to not transmitting again.
I'm transmitting to a Transmission v2.83 peer as we speak.

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/SlowSpeeds
I still get prompted each time it opens to add to the firewall
Yes, you can follow that issue on the trac ticket above.
Randomly it stops transferring and I have to restart the computer.
budbundy

Post by budbundy »

It randomly stops transferring. I download a torrent. Close transmission. Then click a magnetic link and it opens again, prompts me to accept incoming connections and to enter my admin credentials, but doesn't transfer. I have to restart the computer then open transmission again, click allow, enter credentials, then it works fine. It is random though does not happen after each closing them opening with a new transfer.

Happened again, it's the 3rd time I have closed and opened Transmission without restarting. That is when it stops transmitting until a restart. I'm using osx 10.9.3
Paris B.

Post by Paris B. »

I'm having the same issue as well, running OS X 10.9.3 with Transmission 2.83. I've toggled my Firewall preferences, removed Transmission from then allow list and then put it back, re-installed Transmission and restarted my computer. I've done the primary troubleshooting steps I can think of off top yet the problem persists. It's annoying because it seems to have came out of nowhere, though it may be related to the recent OS update. I'm not sure.
interconnect

Post by interconnect »

Paris B. wrote:I'm having the same issue as well, running OS X 10.9.3 with Transmission 2.83. I've toggled my Firewall preferences, removed Transmission from then allow list and then put it back, re-installed Transmission and restarted my computer. I've done the primary troubleshooting steps I can think of off top yet the problem persists. It's annoying because it seems to have came out of nowhere, though it may be related to the recent OS update. I'm not sure.
I believe it has something to do with the recent Transmission 2.83 update, as it didn't do that before.
CrashWarez

Post by CrashWarez »

Hi, i have this problem too. After update to 2.83 i have no activity on my network and when i open, i'm prompted to allow connections to transmission.

Tried to reinstalling, but the only way to resolve was back to version 2.82.

PS: Where is the DMG to 2.82? I find only the .xz.
interconnect

Post by interconnect »

I was able to fix by redownloading and reinstalling as per https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/5690#comment:4

That fixed it for me.