Transmission freezing after Yosemite upgrade

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
metaclam

Re: Transmission freezing after Yosemite upgrade

Post by metaclam »

x190 wrote:Search terms: safari web content +yosemite issue.
I don't doubt there's an issue with safari web content also. But the fact is that if Safari is left running, which it always is (with multiple tabs) while away from the Mac, I never see any such issue. Only with transmission running does this happen.
metaclam

Post by metaclam »

x190 wrote:There's been some work done on memory.
Unfortunately not enough to address the problem. Same issue with latest nightly. This time with screen sleep (and mac sleep) disabled also. Please let me know if there's anything more I can do to provide data/logs/etc.
metaclam

Post by metaclam »

This hanging happens reliably when leaving the computer idle for even a few minutes. Transmission seems to stay alive while actively using the computer.

Here's the top 1000 lines or so of another process sample while hung. (Full sample available if needed.)

According to that – and to the last one too – it sure seems like it has to do with notifications. Notifications were already disabled in Growl (installed). Now I have disabled them in OS X NC. We'll see if that makes any difference.

edit: with NC off for Transmission, still freezes. this time didn't immediately bring down whole system with above "system is out of application memory". just hung. Sampled here (partial). Then while sampling left computer for 30+ minutes and came back to "system out of application memory" message. Force quitting transmission allows me to resume all other apps normally. But transmission won't launch again without a logout/restart.
metaclam

Post by metaclam »

I hope this is being looked into. I don't see anything addressed in recent builds. I have had to switch to uTorrent, so if you need me to test transmission, PM me. Hope to come back to Transmission soon.
nade

Post by nade »