Changing a torrent's group doesn't change its dest. folder

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Gary King

Changing a torrent's group doesn't change its dest. folder

Post by Gary King »

If I add a torrent, and it matches a group's pattern, then it will apply that group. But let's say I want to change the group, so then I change it to something else.

But once the torrent is done, it will still be moved to the destination folder of the first group, rather than the destination folder of the new group.

Is there some way to fix it, or something I can do to change its behavior so that it gets sent to the correct folder?
Gary King

Re: Changing a torrent's group doesn't change its dest. fold

Post by Gary King »

But that probably won't work for me, I think, because torrents are placed in an "incomplete" folder while downloading (per my settings).
Gary King

Re: Changing a torrent's group doesn't change its dest. fold

Post by Gary King »

x190 wrote:
Gary King wrote:But that probably won't work for me, I think, because torrents are placed in an "incomplete" folder while downloading (per my settings).
It will work, but the data will be moved immediately.
Indeed, and that isn't something I want. Primarily because most of my Groups have their destination folders set to an external drive, so I only want to move the torrent data when the transfer is complete.
elgallo

Re: Changing a torrent's group doesn't change its dest. folder

Post by elgallo »

You could use a secondary app (Hazel prefpane) to monitor and move after its completed or create a new group so it catches the criteria and moves it to the destination folder you want.

Say you download from tracker ABC, XYZ, and "CAT"
ABC is movies and XYZ is shows but CAT can be either.
Have a CAT1 where tracker contains "CAT" AND FileMaker contains S0 (as most shows are less than 10 seasons old) and CAT1 will go into your TV destination.

I know this can be annoying setup but in the long run you won't have to worry in the future.