TransMacClient migrating to Seedbox(uses Transmission)

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
seaseasea

TransMacClient migrating to Seedbox(uses Transmission)

Post by seaseasea »

hello
I am migrating from Transmission Mac Client (yosemite osx latest) to the seedbox that uses Transmission (Whatbox).

I have 6924 torrents in my Transmission Mac Client. These torrents are all pointing to 1 folder that is currently stored on my macbook (80gb of data)

I asked Whatbox support, can I use the torrent files I created on Transmission Mac Client, on my seedbox.
Whatbox support reply:
"You can add your previous local torrents to your slot's client, and if the data is in the correct download location (~/files by default) it will hash check and continue to seed."

But I dont know what this means I need to do in my Transmission Mac Client. As the data will be moved from my macbook to the seedbox.
Question 1:
If someone could please tell me the step by step for the non-technical person that would be great.

In folder /Application Support/Transmission/Torrents, I have the following folders
/blocklists
/Resume
/Torrents
and then 3 files
dht.dat
stats.json
Transfers.plist

I use Transmission Mac Client colour coding based on rules. These are set in my preferences. I dont know where they are stored.

question 2:
In the Whatbox Support Wiki it says for Transmission
"Qt
Download and install the Qt interface
Open Edit > Change Session
Select Connect to Remote Session and Authentication Required
Enter the following information:"

What is the "Qt interface"? Is this another name for the Transmission Mac Client that I have installed on my Macbook or something else?

Thankyou in advance for your support
It is so very appreciated
regards seasalt