how to get auto-add to work?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
afteryouwho

how to get auto-add to work?

Post by afteryouwho »

Hi. I have just recently installed a program called Otomatic. This is because I have discovered, or think, that the previous program I used called "TV shows 2" it Is now inoperative. I have created a folder on my desktop call Otomatic and configured that program to download torrent files to that folder. I've configured Transmission to look for Torrent files in Otomatic but Transmission is not downloading the files automatically.

Can someone with more experience tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help on this.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 12.00.11.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 12.00.11.png (94.73 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
davemchine

Re: how to get auto-add to work?

Post by davemchine »

I am also using Otomatic with Transmission. It has worked flawlessly for a long time but recently (perhaps since El Capitan?) Transmission has only been adding torrents sporadically. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
CaseyWho

Post by CaseyWho »

I have the exact same problem.. Any torrent I open it opens an "Add window" while it is set to not do so. I have deleted it completely including the support files and the problem still persists. Both with the current release and the nightly build.

I'm currently on

OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11.2 (15C50)

Transmission
2.84+ (14661)

However I don't think it's the OS that causes this because my friend is on El Capitan too and he doesn't have this problem. Any help or advise on this?
CaseyWho

Post by CaseyWho »

Thank you for your reply, however I have already tried that build with a clean install as mentioned in my previous comment.