No data found, and verify local data gives me nothing

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
MissScarlett

No data found, and verify local data gives me nothing

Post by MissScarlett »

I am having the strangest problem with Transmission today.

I used a magnet link, saved the torrent file to the same location that I set as the default location in Transmission, and the download begins. Just as it gets to 91% complete, it stops, and I get an error message that says, "Error: No data found! Ensure that your drives are connected or use "Move Data Files To ...". To re-download, remove it from the torrent and re-add it."

I moved the data file, only to discover that the data file was not where I saved it. So I searched all of my files, and the data file doesn't exit anywhere. This was a bit of a head scratcher, as, like I said, the file was 91% finished, and I hadn't deleted it. I figured something odd happened, so I deleted the torrent, re-added it, and the same thing happened. I tried a different file, and this one got to 99% before it, too, received the same error message.

All of the other files are chugging away with no problems, and the external hard drive where I'm saving the torrents has not come unmounted (as far as I can tell - it's showing up in Finder), all of which makes me even more confused. I tried to verify the local data, and nothing happened.

I cannot figure out how to fix this, and I have a feeling that I did something stupid that can be easily corrected, but I have no idea what that is.

Thanks for any help you can give.
MissScarlett

Re: No data found, and verify local data gives me nothing

Post by MissScarlett »

Nevermind. For reasons I cannot explain, the torrents picked up and finished.

I'm not going to try and figure out the hows and whys. It's a Christmas miracle.
Smitty

Re: No data found, and verify local data gives me nothing

Post by Smitty »

i've had this problem before on my nas (linux based OS), i had saved it outside of a valid drive location. so my nas , in all its wisdom, saved it to a temp folder in its ramdrive. so when i rebooted it, of course the files were gone.

that was my experience, an error due to my inattention of the paths. maybe that happened to you aswell.

but the set location error isn't always about where the file is saved to. it could be file corruption of the resume file if we change the torrent's folder name or if we rename a file in the torrent after adding. maybe, just guessing.