Transmission not seeding private tracker?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
catstreet

Transmission not seeding private tracker?

Post by catstreet »

Hi there :)

Lately I've been having some trouble getting my torrents (private tracker) to seed, and not sure whether it's the way I've got something set up or if it's just the tracker. I've used private trackers in the past without any problem. I know there has to be a certain number of leechers to get something going, but even though there are a fair few, I still don't get anything uploading. I can seed public trackers absolutely fine. My port says it's open (though sometimes it is a little strange as it decides to say it's closed, and then I have to reset the client) so I figure it can't be this, and I have no problem with downloads. I've disabled PEX and DHT because of the private tracker rules.

Anyone have any idea what it could be or does it sound like a case of not enough people to seed properly? I'd love to know if there's any way I can sort it out if there is though, as I really wanna keep my ratio up :)
catstreet

Re: Transmission not seeding private tracker?

Post by catstreet »

Thanks, yeah! I guess that makes sense. Maybe it really is just that there's so many seeds to few leechers. I'll keep trying and see if it gets me anywhere. Just feel like if I do get anything it's usually only like 1Kb/s... :/