keep Transmission in the background when adding magnet link

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
WilDieteren

keep Transmission in the background when adding magnet link

Post by WilDieteren »

L.S.,

I have been trying to figure out how to keep Transmission in the background when adding a magnet link. So far I have not managed it, and could use some help. I am on OSX 10.11.4, Transmission 2.92, and adding the magnet links through Firefox.

Wil Dieteren
veeaitch

Re: keep Transmission in the background when adding magnet link

Post by veeaitch »

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have the same issue. I use Catch to auto-download magnet links from showrss.info. They used to download as torrents but after an upgrade now download as webloc files. So, I use Hazel to have Transmission open them automatically. (Whew!)

The problem is that the Transmission window sits there waiting for a manual click to confirm, which kind of defeats the whole automation process.

I've tried clicking Transmission's preferences button to "Accept magnet links: Set Default Application" but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks!

VH
veeaitch

Re: keep Transmission in the background when adding magnet link

Post by veeaitch »

Thanks @x190! That wasn't working for some reason. But after reading your post I toggled them all off and on and then off again and now it seems to be working. Also changed Catch's settings to "open automatically".

Thanks again!