Raise upload slots

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
upspain

Raise upload slots

Post by upspain »

Hi!

I've just upgraded my Internet bandwidth and the upload speed maintains similar. I figured out there is a limit on upload slots (15 connections).
How could I raise to 30 or even 50 upload slots? I tried plist editing, ¿diff patches?...
(I'm not a very experienced mac user) :roll:

Thanks in advance! :)
upspain

Re: Raise upload slots

Post by upspain »

Hi x190,
I've just upgraded from 30 Mbps to 300 Mbps and if I want to dedicate all the upload bandwidth to 1 or 2 torrents I see that it connects with 40-50 users but it only uploads to 15 of them getting upload rates from 800 KBps to 2MBps, far from the 38 MBps it could reach.
upspain

Post by upspain »

I had knowledge of this solution when I searched in the forum. Thanks!
Is there any easier way to change upload slots? I don't want to install a 4 gigs App to change one line of code :?
I need 6 torrents to get 6-8 MBps of the 38 Mbps upload rate of my broadband. :cry:

EDIT: I get peaks of 10-12 with the same active uploading torrents.
upspain

Post by upspain »

x190 wrote:
upspain wrote:I had knowledge of this solution when I searched in the forum. Thanks!
Is there any easier way to change upload slots? I don't want to install a 4 gigs App to change one line of code :?
I need 6 torrents to get 6-8 MBps of the 38 Mbps upload rate of my broadband. :cry:

EDIT: I get peaks of 10-12 with the same active uploading torrents.
x190 helps those who help themselves!

Xcode.app is 8.2 MB on my system and, combined with Transmission, is one of the best computer science tools freely available. Forget the next episode of 'Dick and Jane'! :P

P.S. Use the daemon, and set that value to whatever figure you want. Oops forgot, you'd have to build that yourself too.
I though Xcode.app was the one I link here here!
Only 8.2MB? Okey... Let me have a try tonight! But I need some help... I'm a rookie in these developer things :)
upspain

Post by upspain »

I give up! Too hard for me. I'm not into programming language at all. I didn't even find that lighter Xcode you are talking about... =(
It will be great if the function is available in the next update!