Low internet download speed while Transmission is running

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
etienneb7

Low internet download speed while Transmission is running

Post by etienneb7 »

I am using OS X el Capitan 10.11.5 and Transmission 2.92 (14714)
I did set my transfert with no limits, the global pair is set to 200 and the max pair for each transfert is set to 60

Sometimes, when Transmission is running, the speed download for other application is very low.
To test it I did close transmission, then I did internet speed test from two different place on my chrome browser (speedtest.net and derytele.com).
I have 15 Mb/s download speed. (My internet connection is 15Mb download/2Mb upload)
I turn on Transmission. Transmission is dowloading around 1,5 Mb/s and uploading less than 1 Mb/s
I test again the internet speed and I have 1,5 Mb/s available
Nothing else is consuming bandwidth.
It is not always the case. Sometimes this problems appears, sometimes not
darmok

Re: Low internet download speed while Transmission is running

Post by darmok »

I've seen the same. Because of the large numbers of streams that bit torrent clients use, they can easily dominate your computer's capabilities. I've found it's best to limit my bit torrent clients to about 80% of the available bandwidth.
tracy77

Re: Low internet download speed while Transmission is running

Post by tracy77 »

In the case of running Transmission on Windows, Mac or Linux, there are various settings that can be changed to enhance Transmission BitTorrent download speed. These settings redo the application to work with your PC and Internet association all the more effectively.Past essentially altering Transmission, it is additionally a smart thought to choose solid deluges while downloading. Essentially choosing those downpours with the most seeders isn't generally the best system if there are additionally numerous leechers. Deluges with a higher apportion of seeders to leechers will dependably be the speediest.