8 Uploads Enough To Grind macOS to A Halt

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
lysingur

8 Uploads Enough To Grind macOS to A Halt

Post by lysingur »

My MacBook Pro Retina mid-2012 with El Capitan consistently experiences slow-down with 8 simultaneous uploads. The favourites in Finder would disappear, which, admittedly, is a persistent bug in El Capitan, but Transmission would trigger it. The slow-down happens gradually and is generally observed if I left the computer on overnight. Exiting the program and purging the computer memory would not ameliorate the problem. Only a restart would get macOS back to normal.

So what is the ideal number of uploads to avoid slow-down?

I'm wondering also if there are other users experiencing the same problem despite having a small number of uploads (less than 5, say).
Rayto

Re: 8 Uploads Enough To Grind macOS to A Halt

Post by Rayto »

I'm running El Capitan. I keep downloads down to 3 max. If you need the ability to handle many simultaneous downloads, Transmission is not your weapon of choice. This morning I unchecked the 3 limit box and Transmission has continually come to a halt. I just let it sit there and eventually it recovers -- for a while.
lysingur

Re: 8 Uploads Enough To Grind macOS to A Halt

Post by lysingur »

Thanks for the advice. It seems to have helped although I still get choppy cursor movements from time to time. It's just very strange that quitting the program doesn't get rid of the problem.