Unfriendly User Interface

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
John_Appleseed

Unfriendly User Interface

Post by John_Appleseed »

Hallo
First of all, thanks for making Transmission, for me it's the best bit-torrent programm so far!

I like to report some "bugs" or let's say inconvenience user interface.

I tryed to report it in the other forum but couldn't even open an account (see annex).
tryed_to_register_in_the_other_forum
tryed_to_register_in_the_other_forum
exp.jpeg (105.96 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
When Im adding a new torrent to transmissio (with magnet links) its alwys opening TWO windows asking almost the same questions/seetings, it would be better if there just was ONE window popping up, as the informations/setting to make are almost the same.

the first window is:
TransmissionProblemII.jpeg
TransmissionProblemII.jpeg (92.28 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
the second (and for me the only realy needing/usefull popup for stettings bevore start the transmission):
TransmissionProblemI.jpeg
TransmissionProblemI.jpeg (41.03 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
because I already set the main direction where I want file to go as u can see here:
TransmissionProblem.jpeg
TransmissionProblem.jpeg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
I hope any understands what I'm trying to say. I just prefer to have only one window popped-up asking me what settings/direct i prefer for the new magnet-link-added torrent. If I ad torrents without magnet link I also just have ONE window popped up for setting/direction instruction.

Thx for looking into this "problem".
Last edited by John_Appleseed on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John_Appleseed

Re: Unfriendly User Interface

Post by John_Appleseed »

I tried (check/uncheck) everything/every combinations with the settings, just tried now once again, doesn't change anything at all, Im always getting two windows popped up with almost the same "questions" about the setting of the specific torrent/file...
John_Appleseed

Re: Unfriendly User Interface

Post by John_Appleseed »

Sorry for replying so late… the problem is still the same. I think its just the way u said "you will always get a magnet 'Add window'"

I just want that the design/user interface changes to popping-up only ONE window (as on my 2nd screenshot). So that when im adding a new torrent i dont have to click two times…

I hope you understand what I mean, even with my english :mrgreen: