Transmission Application No building with Xcode 7.2.1

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
CoMb0BrEaKeR

Transmission Application No building with Xcode 7.2.1

Post by CoMb0BrEaKeR »

So I needed to modify the DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE on the OS X client but as that feature is not in the App. I know you need to build your own custom transmission App with Xcode and I have done this in the past successfully. But my old machine had a HDD failure and lots the applications folder. I tried to do the same thing again but am running into problems.

I got the project from svn://svn.transmissionbt.com/Transmission/trunk/Transmission.xcodeproj and found the line item to change related to the cache. After typing command-B it ran but it did not build what I was expecting. When I open the DerivedData folder it did not make the build the app, there are just folders of files not a fully built app. Its Xcode 7.2.1 and Mac Os 10.10.5

Not sure what I am doing wrong this time around. Any assistance to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
CoMb0BrEaKeR

Re: Transmission Application No building with Xcode 7.2.1

Post by CoMb0BrEaKeR »

There is no stop sign, it says build successful there are some warnings with the Yellow triangle though. In the DerivedData folder all I have a 2 folders. ModuleCache and Transmission-amxuizdkzkekyxfeybyhovsjcnwa

I tried this one another computer. This one is running Xcode 8.2.1 and macOS 10.12.3

These are the steps I did

Open Xcode -> enter a repository location svn://svn.transmissionbt.com/Transmission/trunk/Transmission.xcodeproj -> Select Branch "Trunk" -> Select folder to save Transmission I chose documents -> Xcode Downloaded -> Project opened and modified Default_Cache to 128 -> Build -> Build Successful -> Go to Library/developer/xcode/deriveddata Inside is a folder Transmission-amxuizdkzkekyxfeybyhovsjcnwa but no built application.

I also tried the branch 2.8x instead of trunk and those builds did fail. 1st time was because mac osx SDK 10.8 nor found. Changed it to Current version then failed with openssl/bio.h file not found.