having to uncheck and recheck settings to activate them in 2.82

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
shape

having to uncheck and recheck settings to activate them in 2.82

Post by shape »

I first noticed this with Speed Limit, that it was not working at all when enabled. Transfers were uploading at max bandwidth with no limit. When i unchecked and rechecked Speed Limit, then it worked fine.

I quit and relaunched the app, and then noticed the same thing happened with global bandwidth limits. If i enabled Upload rate in the Bandwidth prefs, torrents which had "Stay within the global bandwidth limits" checked by default were not adhering to this limit. Then i unchecked and rechecked the Upload rate box and it started working as expected.

So i downloaded the latest nightly build and it has a white circle + slash over the app showing it's incompatible with my OS for some reason. When launched it says it requires 10.9 or later.
shape

Re: having to uncheck and recheck settings to activate them in 2.82

Post by shape »

I think it was just coincidental that the global bandwidth limits worked before (meaning the upload rate decreasing after resetting the pref) b/c I can't get them to work at all now on any torrent or group after testing many times. I have Upload rate set to 50 kb/sec in the Bandwidth prefs yet torrents with this box checked in the drop-down menu are uploading at over 400 KB/s. I have tried unchecking/rechecking both and changing the limit to see if it will refresh, but i don't see any changes to upload rates whether the bandwidth limit is checked or unchecked. How is this supposed to work?

Speed Limit still works fine though, as well Transfer Bandwidth limits in the torrent drop-downs.

And is there a Nightly build that is compatible with 10.8?