Transmission not downloading torrents

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
FlickCM

Transmission not downloading torrents

Post by FlickCM »

Hey,

Hoping someone can help me. My attention was brought to this when I was walking a friend through how to use Transmission and she was having difficulty with torrents actually downloading. I noticed on Friday that a torrent sitting in my transmission would not download, it remained as the megnetised link and never started downloading. I turned my VPN off to see if that was the issue, no dice, checked the port and it's open. I quit transmission and reinstalled the latest build, still nothing. I even installed utorrent to check what the deal was, utorrent would download and complete torrents but still as of today, transmission refuses to download. Same deal for my friend, she downloaded and installed utorrent and had more success.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm using mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1, transmission: 2.92+ (c8696df516) and Nord VPN via tunnelblick. Transmission connects via port: 51413

For the record transmission was working fine as of Thursday 30th of November. I know I can keep using utorrent but comparatively to transmission it is a gross app.
rgvguy

Re: Transmission not downloading torrents

Post by rgvguy »

Hello, I know your post is from a while back, but, did you ever find a resolution to this issue? It's been happening to me the last few days.