Transmission no responding and crash El capitan

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Roosvelt

Transmission no responding and crash El capitan

Post by Roosvelt »

Hi I've got an iMac 13,2 late 2012 i7 3.4Ghz with 32Go running El capitan 10.11.6
and since several months transmission not responding and I must force to quit the app in version 2.92

Since few weeks now, I can't do anything with transmission, it crashes immediately and I've got no option than reboot while holding power on my iMac.

That's why as you suggest, I've tried with a nighty build 6618 Transmission-c8696df516 2.92+

Before, I've delete all the files located
~/Library/Application Support/Transmission (.torrent files can be found here and can be re-added to Transmission. Use "File-->Move Data File To..." (enclosing folder) and "Transfers-->Verify Local Data" as necessary.)
~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.transmission.LSSharedFileList.plist
~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.transmission.plist (re-do Preferences after installation)
~/Library/Caches/org.m0k.transmission

and add only one torrent to see if it's not a problem with my 242 others but it's still the same.

For the mapping no problem and here's informations I've found in the console app and a log found in the library
https://pastebin.com/30hGeasq

Thanks for your help
Attachments
console app log
console app log
Capture d’écran 2018-01-07 à 11.35.07.png (204.35 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
dr150

Re: Transmission no responding and crash El capitan

Post by dr150 »

Same thing happened to me. El Capitan with Transmission.

I installed Apple's latest security update 10.11.6 and there is a definite cause and effect here where Transmission is knocked out which is done even faster when connecting via SMB to a local server or turning on VPN.....
captain

Post by captain »

I've been seeing this behavior for years. Under Mojave it's less than a 10% success rate to get Transmission.app (2.94) to even start up and run. Typically it just stars bouncing in the Dock, then stops, and ends up in Activity Monitor as "Transmission (Not Responding)". I suspect this has something to do with timeouts in the program not expecting: slow computer, slow HDDs (or SMB mounts), slow networks (LAN, Internet), or many torrents being loaded, etc. I've submitted scores of reports, but this behavior persists. If Transmission weren't the only game in MacTown, I'd be looking elsewhere. I may have to do so anyway.
savigny

Post by savigny »

I have the same issue. Transmission frequently just bounces in the dock and never opens. After I force quit it, it won't open again until I restart the computer. I get a dialog saying "Transmission is not open anymore" when I try to launch it. It doesn't appear to be running in Activity Monitor either. Uninstalling and reinstalling Transmission did not solve the problem.

I'd love to use Transmission, but I encounter this issue so frequently that it doesn't work.