host whitelist

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
glc650

host whitelist

Post by glc650 »

How do I set the host whitelist on the macOS Transmission? I've tried:

Code: Select all

defaults write org.m0k.transmission rpc-host-whitelist myhostname
but that didn't do anything. Running 2.94 on macOS 10.14.6.

Thanks,

->g.
arfour

Re: host whitelist

Post by arfour »

Hey I know this is forever old, but when I went looking for this same thing I found your post here and on reddit, so figured I'd create an account and pass on what I finally found in the end just in case you're still in need. The problem was the plist key/value pair, the Mac plist syntax != the settings.json syntax on other OSs. On Mac, it's not rpc-host-whitelist, it's RPCHostWhitelist. And in case you also need it, it's not rpc-host-whitelist-enabled, it's RPCUseHostWhitelist. I just ran these both on my box (with Transmission closed, so the plist file wasn't locked) and it finally worked!

defaults write org.m0k.transmission RPCHostWhitelist 'my.hostname.com'
and

defaults write org.m0k.transmission RPCUseHostWhitelist true
Worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

(v3.0 on macOS 10.14.6)

- IV
glc650

Re: host whitelist

Post by glc650 »

arfour wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:08 am Hey I know this is forever old, but when I went looking for this same thing I found your post here and on reddit, so figured I'd create an account and pass on what I finally found in the end just in case you're still in need. The problem was the plist key/value pair, the Mac plist syntax != the settings.json syntax on other OSs. On Mac, it's not rpc-host-whitelist, it's RPCHostWhitelist. And in case you also need it, it's not rpc-host-whitelist-enabled, it's RPCUseHostWhitelist. I just ran these both on my box (with Transmission closed, so the plist file wasn't locked) and it finally worked!

defaults write org.m0k.transmission RPCHostWhitelist 'my.hostname.com'
and

defaults write org.m0k.transmission RPCUseHostWhitelist true
Worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

(v3.0 on macOS 10.14.6)

- IV
Thanks, that did the trick.