Transmission will not open-Bounces in Dock

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
mass55th

Transmission will not open-Bounces in Dock

Post by mass55th »

I've looked through the subject titles, and have done a few searches using various terms, but found nothing related to the problem I experience every-so-often.

Periodically I have a problem with Transmission 2.94 opening. It doesn't happen very often, but does from time to time. I have a MacBook Pro, early 2011 model with 10.13.6 OS. Most of the time I have no problem, but last night I closed out Transmission as usual, and turned off my laptop. This morning I booted up my laptop, and when I clicked on Transmission in the dock, it just bounced, and bounced. When this has happened before, I right-click on the Transmission app in the Applications folder, and open "Package Contents." From there I click on "Terminal." It will run a short script, and most times Transmission will then open up. This morning that procedure wouldn't work for me. I had to force-quit Transmission, and start again. Instead of trying to open Transmission from the dock, I instead right-clicked on "Terminal" again. It ran through the short script, and Transmission opened after that. I've kept the Terminal window open because if I close it, it will close the Transmission app. When I've closed it before, Transmission will open normally, but I don't take chances, so I will close it out tonight when I'm ready to shut down my laptop.

Is there something else I can do to stop this periodic bug, or deal with it when it does occur? The program works fine the majority of the time, but for some reason, from time to time, it simply bounces in the dock, and I have to use the Terminal to get it to finally open. I've checked the message log, and there's nothing in it regarding the problems with its opening.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.