Transmission 2.92 on El Capitan: most seeds idle!

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
RootlessAgrarian

Transmission 2.92 on El Capitan: most seeds idle!

Post by RootlessAgrarian »

(yes, I know that's a pretty old MacOS! been busy dealing with Mojave on multiple Hackintoshen and have not got around to upgrading the trusty old iMac that "just works"...)

I observe with some frustration that Transmission on this iMac is not switching away from seeds that go idle (even for hours and hours). so of about 12 seeds that in theory should be active right now, 10 of them are "seeding to 0" of however many peers, i.e. doing nothing at all. I thought (from what I have read online) that Transmission should detect this idleness and try other seeds to see if it can get some action. no wonder it's taking me so long to pay back my debt to society!

I read several web pages about Transmission parameters, but when I investigated my .plist file I did not find anything resembling the online "how to tune your seeding queue" guides. one such guide encouraged me to enable the web UI, and made it sound like that would offer me the option of editing parameters; but all I saw was a list of connections just like the regular UI.

anyway, if anyone knows how to make Transmission switch away from idle seeds and try others until it finds an active one, I'd sure appreciate a word of advice.