How do I stop downloading old torrents?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
guzzlersden

How do I stop downloading old torrents?

Post by guzzlersden »

Hello,

I've updated Transmission from 2.94 to 3.0. But now Transmission wants to re-download all of my old torrent files. Of course, I can stop this temporarily by pausing all of the torrents. But how do I permanently stop re-downloading all of my old torrents, and re-start seeding all of them?

Thanks for your advice and help.
iioniis

Re: How do I stop downloading old torrents?

Post by iioniis »

Keep all downloads paused, highlight all wanted seeding torrents and select "Verify Local Data" in the "Transfers" drop-down. This will take a little bit of time depending on how many listed seeds. If the data cannot be verified make sure the data file is in the correct destination or delete listed torrents if no longer wanted.
eltonappice

Post by eltonappice »

iioniis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:29 pm Keep all downloads paused, highlight all wanted seeding torrents and select "Verify Local Data" in the "Transfers" drop-down. This will take a little bit of time depending on how many listed seeds. If the data cannot be verified make sure the data file is in the correct destination or delete listed torrents if no longer wanted.
Thanks. That works.
katchglass

Post by katchglass »

Every time I turn my comp on all my old data files try to reload. The .torrents are on a separate HD from the data files. Whenever my power goes out or my husband forces the comp to turn off, I have hundreds of old data files trying to reload when I turn the comp back on. Then I have to close each one. I don't want to delete them just in case I ever need to reseed them, but this is getting old.