Unable to Make Connection to Seeders

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
josckia

Unable to Make Connection to Seeders

Post by josckia »

Since I updated to Version 3 of Transmission, I have been unable to connect to seeders and therefore unable to download. I have noticed the Peer Listening Port is getting the following message appear next to it - Port check site is down (refer attached). Please advise why this is happening.

I am using a MAC with OS Catalina 10.15.6. I also use PureVPN when I connect with Transmission. Transmission worked fine prior to me upgrading to version 3.
natbumppo

Re: Unable to Make Connection to Seeders

Post by natbumppo »

Having the same problem with the upgrade to T3. I'm on a Mac, 10.14.6, Transmission client 3.00 (f4489c982e). No VPN, and I have set up port forwarding on my router (port 49365).
natbumppo

Post by natbumppo »

Also, canyouseeme.org CAN see the open port.
BlueSmurf

Post by BlueSmurf »

Hi.

I've had this exact problem. Torrents not finishing - halting at an incomplete state for days. Other torrents frustratingly slow.

I tweaked all the settings to maximise the performance and nothing worked.

However I deleted 3.00 and re-downloaded and installed 2.94 and instantly my frozen torrents resumed at full pipe speed and the others that were still searching for metadata for days, instantly found and started to download.

Until this is a) recognised as a problem and b) bug-fixed, may I suggest that we all raise a bug for it, and also download the old version until such time as this has been addressed?

Post by 987654321 »

same issue with T3. Im on Mac, with update software. Its saying Closed port, im using my limited knowledge to fix, now just says 'port check site is down' within T. Canyouseeme website sees my new port set up, however not if I run a vpn. Wondering how to get T working again, I dont have the skill set to fix. Have used T for so many years, haven't used another program. Game over here........