Transmission Big Sur Issues

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
mcescher78

Transmission Big Sur Issues

Post by mcescher78 »

After updating to Big Sur I have noticed some weird behavior with my Transmission client.

Upon launching Transmission everything appears normal. I can see upload and download activity registering. When I check the port used in the settings it shows as open/green. After about 2 minutes all traffic seems to stop and no signs of upload or download occurring. When I go back and check the port status it now says closed/red. I can restart the client and activity will resume...the port will show open...and then it will stop again after a few minutes and the port will show it is now closed.

The port number used has remained the same for years. I have it forwarded in my router settings. No other changes have been made to my network.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!
eugenios

Re: Transmission Big Sur Issues

Post by eugenios »

Hi everyone,
the same is happening to my iMac.
I installed Big Sur by updating from Mojave.
I use Little Snitch upgraded to version 5.0.2 and the firewall of macOS is active.
eugenios

Post by eugenios »

eugenios wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:10 pm Hi everyone,
the same is happening to my iMac.
I installed Big Sur by updating from Mojave.
I use Little Snitch upgraded to version 5.0.2 and the firewall of macOS is active.
Enabling µTP in preferences solves the issue.
hamah

Post by hamah »

Not sure if I'm hijacking this thread and should start my own or not.

My Big Sur issue is different and more intrusive. I suspect Transmission eventually wedges the network stack in Big Sur causing extreme system slowdown to the point it is difficult/impossible to close any app using network connectivity and eventually I can't even close system preferences, activity monitor, etc. and must restart the system. When this happens it can take many minutes to even restart. This happens 100% of the time and ran fine under Catalina. I noticed this behaviour on day one but it took me days to narrow down the issue to Transmission. Is anyone else seeing this?