VPN Internet Working But Torrent Isn't

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jazkeys

VPN Internet Working But Torrent Isn't

Post by jazkeys »

Hi!

Apologies in advance if this is an obvious question (or more like a question with an obvious answer). I'm running MacOS 10.15.7 on a 2019 MacBook Pro. I use version 8.1.1 of VPN Unlimited, and have a solid 1GB internet signal. I've checked my DNS and other settings, made sure my firewall is on but allows connections to and from Transmission, and can browse the internet via Chrome or Safari with no problem (and Apple Music and other internet-dependent apps work just fine)...until I try to download a torrent via Transmission, where despite the torrents showing up in the Downloads list, the files never download past 0. The display always shows 0 peers regardless the torrent file, even on popular files. I'm guessing there's a way to specify some type of exception or port assignment that will allow Transmission to send and receive data just as I'm able to do everywhere else on my computer, but my own level of expertise in this area has admittedly reached its end. I'd certainly appreciate any pointers any of you more experienced Mac folks might be able to offer to help me troubleshoot and expedite a fix.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!