Verify Local Data says OK, but corrupted files?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
RootlessAgrarian

Verify Local Data says OK, but corrupted files?

Post by RootlessAgrarian »

I have a DL that is in a very strange state. Transmission thinks it is complete. Of 10 files in the torrent folder, 3 are corrupted (media that cannot be played with any standard player). They are nevertheless recognised by the OS as being of the correct media file type (i.e. not "data" or "document" or something generic, MacOS knows what they are supposed to be).

For each of the 3 corrupted files there is a corresponding file filename.ext.part, the partial DL version. Both of those files exist together in the DL folder, the allegedly complete file and the .part.

If I open the torrent info (still seeding here, but worried that I am seeding bad data!) Transmission thinks these files are complete. They are listed as "100 % downloaded" and all the small tiles in the "mosaic square" are coloured blue. The three corrupted files look exactly like the seven non-corrupted files.

I have tried stopping the torrent and running "Verify Local Data," but this completes with no errors. It's as if Transmission is not aware that there is anything wrong.

So my question is, if I were to stop the torrent, delete one of these vexing files, and then Verify Local Data, would the torrent go back to download mode and fetch just that one file? Or would that completely confuse it? It took 70 days (!!) to get this DL so I am not eager to start over from scratch!