BUG M1 Mac Transfers disappeared and transfers.plist is wiped

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
wheelchairpro

BUG M1 Mac Transfers disappeared and transfers.plist is wiped

Post by wheelchairpro »

3.00+ (0166b6e688) but the error occurred on a build before this one. at most a week older. I tried to download the latest nightly build to see if the problem would resolve itself but it did not.

All transfers disappeared after a restart of Transmission out of nowhere. I checked the application support data and the resume and torrents folders still have data but the transfers.plist file now has no entries.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<array/>
</plist>
I've attached a screenshot of the other application support info. The date modified is new only because I opened the file in textEdit. I did not modify the file at all. I will also attach a screenshot of my transmission screen and stats. As you can see my ratio and stats are still available but the transfers are not. I can tell you that the torrents/transfers involved were separated into two Groups. Red and Blue. Red being non private torrents and blue being private. I will only seed private ones off of vpn sometimes so I'll shut down transmission between network changes. Then when I started transmission again, they were all gone. I'm going to try to add them back manually later but is there any quick way I can get them back to the transfers list without going through the manual process?

EDIT: the board won't let me post screenshots

EDIT2: It is possible that maybe it was triggered by a folder being moved? I had about 10% of the torrents in a subfolder of a drive. I then relocated it up two levels. Can't be sure that was the cause but they happened around the same time.