Autosort/Multiple Watch Folders

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
BrandonG777

Autosort/Multiple Watch Folders

Post by BrandonG777 »

One thing I really liked about the XTorrent client was that it could autosort files into directories. ie, mpg, avi, etc would go into a Movies folder, mp3, m4a would go into an audio folder and then it would even add to iTunes. I don't care about the iTunes part but automatically sorting my TV shows and movies from my other download made it very nice when I watched them on my mac mini in the living room. Of course just making it where you can watch multiple directories for torrent files would allow the same functionality in most cases.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

Hmm, I would find it bloat (for T, though it fine Xtorrent).

I would like to be able to assign download folders to groups! (+ changing group = moving data to the other folder)
numlock

Re: Autosort/Multiple Watch Folders

Post by numlock »

Hi

First post on this board and watching multiple folders is something im looking for.

I have a server that among other things runs transmission constantly and I can for instance email it torrent files and applescripts move the torrent to the correct content directory and open it there which of course brings transmission to the front which sometimes i dont want.

I understand the minimalistic view that you dont want to have the preference window full of Watch Folder but is there a chance you can let transmission look inside subdirectories therefore making symlinks or aliases work?

thanks in advance